Friday, July 1, 2011

Frozen Yogurt Fetish

I'll admit it. I'm addicted to Frozen Yogurt. About a year or two ago, I remember there was an explosion of frozen yogurt joints popping up all over the place, and once I went to one I was hooked. Within a ten mile radius of my home, I have eight places I can think of to go to for such a delectable treat. It has become my friend and I's hobby to go investigate each place throughout the valley, and discover which one is the best. Here are a list of my top four and why.

1. Yogurtland - It has the most flavors, and the most toppings. I believe it's the cheapest too. The first time I went I was so surprised to have my bowl filled to the brim with frozen yogurt and toppings only come out to about $3.50. They also have complimentary water, an addition I found very refreshing after having some really rich froyo. The environment is colorful and lively, and those working there offer very helpful suggestions for flavor combinations and which toppings to try.


2. Top It - It is very similar to Yogurtland, but has less a variety of flavors and toppings. The location in Holladay, Utah that I usually go to also has a colorful setting, but is much more cozy. It's become a go-to place to have long talks with friends because it has a lot of great quiet, comfortable places to chat, and you don't feel rushed to leave once you're done eating. They also offer stamp cards for frequent visitors that does save some money every once in awhile after you've bought 9 or so yogurts (every Tuesday is a double stamp day).




3. TCBY - I love this place because they have the best fruit flavors. Their red grapefruit sorbet is my absolute favorite. Nevertheless, it's one of those places that you can only catch certain flavors every once in awhile, so don't always come with expectations. There's always bound to be an option that will satisfy though, and unlike some other places I've been to, they offer a swirl option that automatically mixes two complimentary flavors together. They do have pretty good toppings too, but my only complaint is that some of the fruit is previously frozen and there's more juice than fruit, therefore making the frozen yogurt a wee bit soupy. There's also a soda machine to quench thirst, and they do sell some of their flavors to take home. This establishment also has bright decor, and offers a laid back ambiance with comfortable couch-type stools. Highly recommended.


4. Yogurt Stop - I think I mostly just love this place cause of their root beer flavor, but I usually end up putting every flavor in my bowl cause it's all just so good. It's a quaint setting with only a few flavors and a couple toppings, but they also offer smoothies, shakes, and drinks. Unlike some other places I've been to, however, they offer very pleasant couches to sit on, as well as the usual café type tables and they have lots of magazines for their customers to enjoy. It's definitely the place to go to sit, relax, read, and partake of fantastic froyo.

                         

Other places I've been to include to Spoon Me, Yoway, Frogurt, Spoon it Up, Fresh Twist, L.A. Tart, Red Mango, EarthFruits Yogurt... they all had something positive to contribute to my taste buds, but the ones above are the four I'm partial to. I'm always up for a new place to try though! Any suggestions? :)

3 comments:

  1. I personally like Frogurt, they always seem to have two new flavors each day. My favorite is red velvet. But I always tend to get one of the new flavors instead, what can I say I like to try new things. They also have like 40 different toppings including japanese marshmallows (I can't remember what they're called.) Anyway, I share your love of frozen yogurt, but I definately haven't been to as many places as you have. Frozen Yogurt FTW! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like yogurt stop because I know people that work there, and the one by me almost never is crowded (I don't know how they're still in business frankly) I like that because well I just don't like crowds. Why would a frozen Yogurt place have a soda machine?!?! SOOO much sugar I feel like I need to brush my teeth just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say that I have tried all of the places you mentioned, but have you ever had Maverick's frozen yogurt? Although it is simple, it is awesome, and your wallet will love you for it!

    ReplyDelete